11.03.2011

Prioritize

Alright. So I am here thinking about what brings me the greatest joy right now, and also what my greatest trial is. My first thought would go to my son ( which right there is convicting because the first answer should be the Lord.) but that is an obvious answer because any mother would answer that way. That little smile they shoot at you just for saying good morning is enough, yet you get more smiles all throughout the day. My next thought of what brings me joy was the Lord, and being in the word(The Bible for yawl who aint familiar with Christiany lingo) which oddly then I felt bad because if Lukas is first should Ryan at LEAST be second? Except NO!The Lord should be first, then my husband Ryan and after that can be my little Luski boy (my son Lukas).
So maybe then my trial right now is that I need to appropriately arrange my priorities. If my heart were a pie chart, who would get the largest slice? Would they even all be equal or am I so wrapped up the joy that comes from being a mother that I have become selfish and created this joyful world where I am adored by my son and I adore him in return. I don't have to work for his love. He doesn't require obedience, or faithfulness. Maybe I have gotten lazy in my love language for my husband and my creator. 
Wait -- fix the order...My Creator and My Husband.

I think I have already been naturally working on this without even noticing though. Come to think of it, I have been in the word(The Bible) more than once each day lately, both reading the chronological plan on my phone app and just randomly picking up my Bible and randomly reading. My husband and I have been having a lot of fun. Once our son is asleep at night we just hang like we are dating or something. Watch tv while conversing and laughing, or doing random projects together making them fun, making kitchen creations with the random food leftovers or something. Just getting to know each other better (Our dating, engagement, marriage and first born son all happened within less than 2 years. 1.5 to actually be exact come to think of it...wow weird. We started dating January 12th 2010, had luke June 11 2011.hmm...) So we are just getting to our first real version of normal life as a couple. Which is a lot of fun and I am like in love with a different side of us.

So right now, I am finding joy in working out my issues.
Don't worry tho- I have a LOT more issues to vent blog about.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your words, because theiy're so conversational, as if we're chatting. A momma's love for hr bubbas..ahh it's so hard to top, but flip it and think as insanely much as I love my kid God loves me more and wants me to love Him in return without feeling obligated...crazy right? I love that God puts amazingness in our life, ie kids, a man, friends to just point straight back to Him.

    ReplyDelete