12.28.2011

BFFs

What is great about the holiday season is that I get to see people who I don't regularly see.

One person who I look forward to more than most ( no offense yaaalllll) is my "BFF" miss Jennifer Rose.
Sometimes I don't end up being able to see her due to her short time periods in town and her never ending "to-do and to-see" lists that she has while she is in town.

This year I was able to chill on whole day, the entire night & the beginning up thru the afternoon of the next day. We also have future plans for while she is still in town.

her and I have a ridiculous past full of hilarious situations, inside jokes and phrases. Our most embarrassing and the worse choices we have ever made were usually done together. We have gotten in trouble together, gotten each other through hard times, fought about nonsense, people tried to come between us,we tried to come between the other person and their boyfriend because we didn't like the less time we got to kick it with one another. We would disappear together, cry together, party together, sit around doing nothing together. We went through phases where we weren't apart unless the other person was showering and even then the other would generally be in the bathroom hanging out so we could chit chat. We went through phases where we barely saw each other and hated it. We have gone through phases where we wouldn't talk for months at a time, then pick right up where we left off like we never skipped a beat.

I love this girl so much.

Just doing nothing but reminiscing and joking all night made me feel whole again. I didn't know I was missing anything until I felt whole with her.

I love that God not only made a perfect lover for most us, but that He blessed many of us with a perfect friend, that no matter the situation you always know they will be there to listen and trust and help you through. That no matter the distance- your friendship will always be as whole as it was during you most inseparable times.


What's funny is that when we first met each other people tried to keep us from being friends. They would make up tall tales about us to the other person trying to, I dunno, scare us from wanting to be friends. I am so glad we laughed at those weirdos.

I love the way God reveals things about you through other people. How he uses people to open up yours eyes to see the reality in front of you.

The time He gave me to spend with my "BFF" allowed me to see my life from someone else's eyes and realize even more than I already knew how absolutely imperfectly perfect my life is. How blessed I am.

I love the way He uses our memories as lessons and as an encouragement.

Don't take for granted the simple conversations with an old friend. There are blessings in everything

No comments:

Post a Comment