12.25.2011

Our first Christmas

So0o0oo0o0o it's Christmas, about 11 pm. The baby is sound asleep, and baby daddy and I are in our amazing basement, watching a new movie we received as a gift from our awesome grandparents earlier. 

This year we hosted Christmas Eve with my siblings and their littles, my father, and Ry's grandparents, && then we hosted Christmas day with just us and his grandparents. I was super nervous about it all because we live in a smaller sized house (townhouse) and at one time there were nine adults and six kids one cat and a ton of food and of course little hands holding big cups of colorful liquid. Plus a million present with too much wrapping paper being ripped apart by sticky fingers. I sound a little glass empty about this all. Well, I was feeling that way at first. Nervous and anxious that someone would be annoyed by  the size, someone would hate the food, make a rude comment about something I just knew something anything would go wrong. I over prepared, over analyzed and stressed myself out when in the end....
Everything was perfect.

The food was awesome. 
Cups were spilled- and no one died
Sticky fingers were everywhere and I think there will forever be a carmel finger print of my niece Teagan on my couch.
Everyone loved our place.
The immense amount of wrapping paper was awesome
The kids were all happy
The adults were all happy
The night ended with the whole family having rock band jam session(<~amazing<3)
Then once it was time to leave, we super cleaned super fast. Not a crumb out of place.

God uses everything in our life to teach us things. 


I realized not to take something happy; like an event bringing family together , and to turn it into a stressful situation. 


Not to overreact about the "maybe's"

I love my family.
My son
My Husband
and my Lord


Merry Christmas
I know this holiday is not about the gifts and food and parties and everything we have made it into, that its celebrating the birth of the Savior...

but I really am glad that we have this day to get together and blow our money on each other just to see a smile break the lips apart. To eat food we tell ourselves we can't eat because it has too much _______ in it. To be loud and hang out and see the person we normally would NEVER want to see and end up being thankful that we saw that person.

Good night


God Bless


Merry Christmas <3

No comments:

Post a Comment